Mr. Wunschel has been in the business management for over 15 years and served in the military for over 20 years. His military career included Infantry, Recruiting, Retention NCO, Training NCO, Readiness NCO, Personnel Service NCO and Senior Cadre Instructor. His Civilian Career includes sales, business ownership, warehouse manager, branch manager, City Councilman. His experience includes leadership, training, inventory controls, and excellent customer service.
Midwestern Mechanical History:
University of South Dakota 1990 - 1994
Knoepfler Chevrolet – Sales Consultant 1994 – 1996
IA Army National Guard – Infantry/Communications/
Senior Cadre Instructor 1989 – 2010
Personal Service Sergeant/Recruiter/Retention NCO 1996 – 2006
Spencer Motorsports – Owner/Manager 2006 - 2013
Branch Director March 2013 – December 2020
Branch Vice President January 2021 - Present
- Management of the Spencer Branch – Ongoing
- Preconstruction Services for Potential Projects – As Needed
- Approval authority of all aspects
Key Responsibilities for Project:
- Prepare RFP documentation and lead the team during the selection process.
- Assist Estimators in the budgeting and final pricing phase of the design.
- Attend project design and preconstruction meetings.
- Follow construction progress alongside the Project Manager.
Relevant Project Experience:
- Arnolds Park, Roof Garden, Pavilion, Museum complete 2018
- Lakes Regional Health Care –$4,500,432 Complete July 2015
- Okoboji Middle School -$2,001,948– Complete Aug 2020
- Storm Lake Early Childhood Development – $2,691,715 - Currently on going.
Lead Safe Renovator
Spencer City Councilman Chairman of Economic Development board
Iowa Lakes Corridor Board member Spencer Parks and Rec Committee Member
Personnel Committee Member SEDC Board Member
Planning and Zoning Vice-Chair American Legion Member