Nate grew up in Kansas City, Mo and moved to Northwest Iowa in 1997 to be close to family. He graduated from Buena Vista University in 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in business management. He has been in the construction industry for about 20 years, were he started general construction while in High School then moved on to civil underground work. He started working for Midwestern Mechanical in 2007 and has had many positions throughout the years. He started as an apprentice plumber with aspirations of working his way up through the company. He now is an integral part of our design build team for plumbing and HVAC, as well as one of our plan spec HVAC Estimators. He has estimated and managed a multitude of projects from Hospitals to Nursing Homes, Schools to Industrial Manufacturers. Nate is very detail oriented and wants to make sure his customers are well taken care of and get a system that they will be happy with for years to come. Nate would be a great choice to help plan out your next adventure.
Midwestern Mechanical History:
Commercial Plumber/Foreman - January 2007 – July 2015
Backflow Technician – 2011 - Present
Commercial Plumbing Estimator/Project Manager - June 2015 – Present
HVAC Estimator – July 2019 – Present
- Backflow Certification Instructor
- HVAC Estimator - Ongoing
- Project Manager – Ongoing
- Design Build Plumbing and HVAC
Key Responsibilities for Project:
- Prepare RFP documentation and lead the team during the selection process.
- Prepare and Provide Estimates
- Assist Estimators in the budgeting and final pricing phase of the design.
- Assist the Design Team and Construction Manager during the design and budgeting phase.
- Attend project design and preconstruction meetings
- Prepare Value Engineering
- Maintain Records (Syncta) and Scheduling for Clients Backflow Device Reports
Relevant Project Experience:
- 2014 - 2015 Pocahontas Elementary School Renovation – Pocahontas, IA
- 2015-2016 Spencer Hospital Obstetrics Unit Addition – Spencer, IA
- 2015-2016 Northwest Bank – Spirit Lake, IA
- 2016 – 2018 Methodist Manor Assisted Living – Storm Lake, IA
- 2018 – 2019 Grapetree Medical Staffing – Milford, IA
- 2018 – 2019 HiPer Ceramics (Design Build) – Spirt Lake, IA
- 2019 Exit 87 Truck Wash (Design Build) – Sherburn, MN
- 2020 - Northwestern College Van Peursem Hall – Orange City, IA
- 2021 - Peterson Lake Home (Design Build) – Spirt Lake, IA
Certifications: Quick Pen International Estimating, FastDuct Estimating Software, OSHA 10 Hour, Journeyman Plumbing License, METC Medgas Installer Certified, Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certified